Welcome to pranaDOGS
a 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization working to improve the quality of life for dogs through Education, Training and Resource sharing.
- We work hand-in-hand with Shelters and Rescues to give homeless dogs with behavior issues the time and rehabilitation needed to become well-mannered members of society, and terrific best friends!
- We provide affordable basic and advanced manners classes, problem solving and one-on-one training, to residents in and around Durango, Colorado
- Our Resources section provides free information for pet owners, shelters and rescues to empower everyone to have a great relationship with their dogs and cats
Dog Behavior Help & Resources
Struggling with a behavior problem?
Not sure why your dog isn’t responding?
Feel like you’re having the same conversation with your dog repeatedly?
If so, we can help! Marcy Eckhardt, CPDT-KA, BBA, offers classes, one-on-one trainings and resources for a variety of dog issues and situations. With years of experience and a focus on positive, choice-based training, Marcy can help improve your relationship with your best friend. More Information
Free Workshops Resume
We’re kicking off Fall 2019 by resuming our FREE Workshop series through La Plata County Humane Society. Offered the 2nd Tuesday of each month, these 90-min sessions cover one topic and provide you with the tools to set your dogs up for success even if you don’t have time to go through formalized training. All Workshops are held on Wednesday’s at 6pm:
- Sept 11th – Anxious Dog Workshop
- Oct 9th – Dog Reactive Workshop
- Nov 13th – Service Dog Workshop
- Dec 11th – Anxious Dog Workshop
- Jan 8th – Dog Reactive Workshop
- Feb 12th – Service Dog Workshop
Have a specific question on the topic? All sessions are presented by Marcy Eckhardt, BBA, CPDT-KA, Director of pranaDOGS and Trainer at La Plata County Humane Society. Sessions are human-only – leave the pups at home for these sessions.